Here we are in a brand new year. Did you make New Year’s resolutions? I did this year and I hope I can stick to them. Some of my resolutions are health related and some aren’t. Want to see my list?? Sure you do!
1. I’m no longer eating fast food. I’m not one to go get fast food on my own, I guess I’m what you would call a casual fast foodie. Sort of like how some people only drink in social settings. I am now going to say NO to my fast food eating friends & family.
2. This one is the toughest one for me. I’m going to stop drinking soda. I have a partial bottle of Sprite in the fridge and several cans of Cheerwine at the office. When they are gone, that’s it, I’m not buying any more. I am a popoholic so this is going to be hard.
3. While going through my business receipts for my taxes, I realized that I bought a ton of supplies that I have yet to use. This year, I’m not buying any supplies unless I NEED it for a pending project.
4. I multi-task. I can’t help it. Maybe my hubby is right and I have ADD. While I’m typing this, I’m also eating breakfast and watching TV. It doesn’t bother me that I’m a multi-tasker but I do think I’m going to limit how many projects that I have going at the same time. I currently have 5 knitting projects but I finished 2 just 2 days ago. I think I can limit myself to 5 projects.
5. I’m getting out of debt and saving money. I’ve called the bank & checked my statements so I know just how much it is going to take to pay everything off. I should have my credit card paid off by March and my loan should be paid off by June (maybe earlier depending on how much my tax refund is). About a third of my monthly income is used to pay our past debts so hopefully by mid-year we can be out of the hole and on our way to having good size rainy day fund.
6. My mom gave me an old school TV so we could have a 2nd TV in the house. The #1 reason I wanted a 2nd TV was that I wanted to be able to do yoga again. I have a ton of videos and DVD’s but didn’t have a TV that I could use. Now I have a new-to-me TV and plenty of space and NO excuse. I’m not going to vow to doing it everyday but at least 3 days a week.
So there we have it. The 6 things I’m going to try to keep to this year. Can I do it? I hope so.