I almost lost two of my tomatoes! I purchased the trays to go under the pots but it didn’t work out so well. The water was pooling up and becoming stagnant which was poisoning my poor tomatoes.
I discovered that I have a volunteer tomato plant coming up behind one of my other plants (the left plant in the photo below). It’s in the same location as the tomato plant from last year which had a lot of tomatoes that rotted before I could pick them.
I did lose another pepper plant so I’m down to two now. I do still have the two seedlings that I could plant in buckets.
Here are some more photos of my plants and their growing progress.