I’ve cast on the yarn I dyed & spun earlier this year. I’m kind of just winging it for now to see what happens. I’ve got an idea in my head but I’m not quite sure it’s going to work out.
This is not quite a WIP just yet, but I’m going to spin this roving from Miss Babs as my next spinning project. It’s called Shoot and is 100% BFL. I’ve had this roving in my stash for at least 4 years, maybe more. I’m planning to spin it up fingering weight(ish) and knit a shawl with it since it is a monochrome color.
No quilt update this week; I was feverishly knitting all week. You’ll see why on Friday!
A couple of weeks ago, a super awesome lady requested that I make a book for her. I hope she’s as much in love with it as I am. By the way, this super awesome lady makes some pretty tasty tea: check her teas out over at Rare Meadow Tea.
The Midnight yarn is finished! This roving came from Spun Right Round and is merino. I absolutely loved spinning this; it is so soft! I have no idea what I’m going to make with it yet so for now I’ll just hug it and squeeze it (and call it George).
Cats and Books go hand in hand. This fabulous ball of fluff is my boss at the library. Oh sure, I’m technically labeled a “circulation specialist” but we all know that the library is just a front and we’re there to do Sinatra’s bidding. Being in a beautiful old Victorian house full of books is just one of the perks of being one of Sinatra’s minions. Clearly his job is very demanding which is why he’s sleeping on the circulation desk. He even snores sometimes.
Well…. I went a little quilt crazy this week.
A new row on this section and 27 sets of two stitched together.
What is not in this picture is the 30+ octagons I basted, the big stack of squares I cut, or the 4-5 dozen templates I cut out. I also bought six more fabrics to go with this quilt.
Quilt crazy indeed!
I’m also up to 32 points on the Hitchhiker – Only 10 more to go!
This weekend’s studio time was spent finishing the book I started a couple of weeks ago. Last fall, I was given a big box of old Reader’s Digests and, though I don’t intend to read them, some of them had really great covers. These books are just begging to be given a new life. I tried it out on this one first. The book was originally from 1989 (most of the others are from the 60’s) and I wanted to start on a newer one to test it out.
I’m mostly happy with how the book turned out. I hadn’t used the long stitch in awhile so I thought I’d brush up my stitch skills. The only thing I’m not too thrilled about is that the paper I used for the spine wasn’t the same color throughout (it was printed brown and the white is in between) so it makes the holes used for stitching the pages to the book noticeable and messy looking. I think if I use a paper spine again, I’ll cut away small sections instead of poking holes.
I really like the size of this book and since I have a box full of these, I’m going to have to make a paper order soon because most of my current stock is not large enough for a book this size (thus the notebook paper that I was lucky enough to find a stack with short grain). I’m not going to put this one up in the shop because I’m not 100% happy with how it turned out.
Now that I’ve given these books a test run, I’ll be working my way through the box and hopefully putting them up in the shop soon.